How to clean dogs ears?
Let's talk about how to clean dogs ear. It's important to make the experience as positive as possible. Here are three simple steps to clean your dog’s ears:
- Begin by massaging your dog’s ears to relax him. Have a bag of coveted treats ready to offer each time your dog cooperates throughout the process.
- Have the proper tools ready. Cotton swabs can injure your dog’s ears. Instead, use cotton balls or wrap your finger in gauze. Apply canine ear rinse to the cotton ball or gauze.
- Follow canine ear cleaning guideline. Start on the outside of the ear flao and work your way in, but only until you feel resistance.
How often should they be cleaned?
Ideally, you should clean your dog’s ears about once a week.
Is there a holistic ear cleaner I can use?
Yes, there are a variety of holistic ear cleaners. Here are a couple of the top rated dog and cat holistic ear cleaners recommended by veterinarians.
This ear wash and ear dry cleans and protects your dog, puppy, cat or kittens ears, and also controls odor and itching. Includes the following active ingredients:
- Silica, for maintaining healthy skin tissue
- Yucca, to relieve itching
- Clove Oil, to help decrease irritation
- Calendula, to decrease inflammation
- Aloe Vera, as a drying agent
- Echinacea, as an antiviral and antibacterial agent
- Chamomile, for calming minor irritations
- Tea Tree Oil, to remove bacteria
- All Natural
- Non-stinging, alcohol-free
- Controls odor and itching
- Soothes raw, red and greasy ears
- Developed by a Veterinarian
- Made in the U.S.A.